ALDI
ALDI is one of the supermarket chains in Australia, but it was founded in Germany since 1946. ALDI is leading global discount retail which selling wide range of cheap product, such as food, beverages, and other inexpensive items. They supplies as much as cheapest product of highest possible quality and most of products are homemade within maximum 2 items from other brand.
Why ALDI's product get cheaper than other supermarket ?
Lean production
- reduce the resource used in providing products
- less labour for customer services
sometimes one person in counter per store
- less material
plastic bags no provide, customer need to pay for bag or own bag carry
All of the concepts above, aldi reduce cost for their business and these saving is return to its customer to offer value for money as well.
Social technologies
Back to topic, ALDI has implemented the social technologies that other organization does, such as, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Twitter. There are some example of using McKinsey value levers with social technologies clearly.
Leverage social to forecast and monitor
Aldi acquire the customer thought by accessing the social technologies from their comments and respond to the consumers for their expectation. Also, it is one of the tactic that Aldi operate their retail business and customer loyalty. Provided wide range of customer thoughts and leverage the desire to run their activities for long term and short term in social technologies. Moreover, it has the chances to receive the similar information and recreate other new benefits for customer. As other customer comments, they wish a kind of product return to their store and the amount of people click likes will be a significant concept for decision making.
Generate and foster sales leads
The traditional strategies that Aldi does in their attraction post for getting more volunteers to join celebrating by providing communities a chance to win money and as much as volunteers involved, they will have a chance to get more customer as they advertise the activities as daily post or annually in social technologies used.
Reference
Business case
study LLP.(2014).Competitive advantage
through efficiency. Retrieved from http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/aldi/competitive-advantage-through-efficiency/lean-production.html#axzz3EDLKoVQD



The content of your blog was good.
ReplyDeleteMakes sure images are linked back to what they represent (where possible) (i.e. Aldi Logo to Aldi website)
Also if you have Word turn on the full grammar checker and run your text through it. There are grammatical errors. I'm guessing English isn't your first language so if you can get an OZ to look over it if you can.
Remember we get marks for grammar.
Hope all that helps. Good Luck!
thanks for reply, it is always a problem with my grammar error, i will look through your blog =)
DeleteI'd like your feedback on my latest entries too.
ReplyDeleteHttp://johnmorrison66.wordpress.com
Thanks!
As somebody who has shopped at Aldi, I have always wondered how their products are considerably cheaper than the rest with such a steep competition in the food market industry. This article outlines that clearly :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, but if you think deeply, the product will not be good, for example, compare Woolworth home-brand, there are two kind of quality, selected or non selected material, so...yeah depend on what you like either cheap or quality. lol
DeleteThis was a good article indeed! I feel like I learnt a lot about Aldi which will be useful for myself as well seeing as I'm a frequent shopper there!
ReplyDeleteOn a side note, some grammatical errors were found as John above stated, but apart from that, overall great blog!
thanks, as I realized that my grammatical error may change the mean of what I think, I will improve it =)
DeleteAldi seems to know what they are doing, but I'm wondering if they could do anything to improve their position?
ReplyDeleteDo you think they're doing a good job?
Umm, if you are seriously compare both Woolworth and Aldi, I will say that they are not good enough because as a customer thinking, I probably need customer service when I shop, I have been one of their stores, and it is only one staff at counter, I was surprised about that, If there are lots of people, they may gain more negative feedback, isn't?
Delete